Bill Brady started Brady Welding & Machine Shop in 1957 with a one-ton 1953 Ford welding truck and a Lincoln welder he purchased for $1,200 with a loan from his father-in-law, Earl Hance. Through hard work, Bill was able to purchase tank trucks in 1960 and rig-up trucks in 1965. Since then, the business has never strayed from its hard-working foundation of trust and treating customers as partners.
Incorporated in 1981 when it moved to its current location in Healdton, Oklahoma, the company has since grown to a staff of more than 250 through acquisitions and expansions to offer trucking and crane services from Healdton, El Reno, Oklahoma City, Woodward, Davis, Ardmore, and Marshall, Texas, all with the goal to better serve oil fields throughout the United States. To meet the demand of customers further, the business expanded into roustabout services and pumping unit sales and servicing. Currently, the company offers a full range of oilfield services such as crane services, dirt work, trucking, machine shop, welding, and rig moving.
After building the company from a single welding truck to an incorporated multi-million dollar business that offers a full range of oilfield services, Bill retired as president in 2000. The business is still family owned and has the same hard-working foundation.